The Awe at Dawn
It is 5 am. The sun has not come up yet. It is the the time when I can hear the birds start to wake up with amazing musical notes. Variety of sounds. I can barely see the trees around me, but I can appreciate the grandeur of the coconut trees with coconuts hanging in bunches as well as the simplicity of the banana bush bending with the plantains. From the terrace I am walking back and forth. Then there are jack fruit trees, 'vatta', murinja, konna - all local trees with diverse leaves and seeds. I can feel the light slowly seeping in from the east. Slowly the trees become more clear. The birds keep chirping. What a grandeur!. This happens every day, but I don't take time to see this everyday. The inertia to walk up the stairs and get rid of my sleepiness. But once I am up, I drink in the glory. The majestic nature takes my imagination fly. I am awed by the creation. The way in which they grow from the earth and then reproduce should make anybody wonder. It should make them aware of our own limitations and temporal life period. How can I not be curious to understand more? How can I just take anything casually? Every morning, I need to get up and walk in this twilight. I should take in the grandeur and then adore the creator.
This just changes my thoughts. I don't feel the necessity to control anything. I feel like a child, small yet curious. Asking all those questions. I wonder when children stop asking questions. I wonder when we lose the thrill about life? We should never!
This just changes my thoughts. I don't feel the necessity to control anything. I feel like a child, small yet curious. Asking all those questions. I wonder when children stop asking questions. I wonder when we lose the thrill about life? We should never!

No comments:
Post a Comment